28 Jul Why Would I Choose Stem Cell Therapy?
Stem cell therapy is a relatively new form of treatment and a component of a branch of medicine called regenerative medicine. Stem cell therapy aims to accelerate the regeneration and healing of damaged tissues and organs.
However, because stem cell therapy is relatively new, many people are unsure of whether or not they should take advantage of it. This article will explore why people at a Chicago stem cell treatment center might benefit from stem cell treatments.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Stem Cell Therapy?
For the most part, people tend to approach stem cell therapy for a number of reasons. You may be a good candidate for stem cell therapy if any of the following applies to you.
- You want to avoid joint or tissue replacement therapy for fear of a negative outcome, or because you’re unable to deal with the lifestyle restrictions that might come afterward.
- You have a fear of invasive treatments or you would be at risk of you received surgery.
- You struggle with chronic pain and are too young for joint/tissue replacement.
- You don’t have the downtime necessary to recover from surgery.
- You want to remain active in sports following your treatment.
- You have undergone a number of other treatments for pain management (such as cortisone injections, NSAIDs, opioid medication, or other treatments) without much success and you’re looking for something more effective.
Who Is Not a Good Candidate for Stem Cell Treatment?
A Chicago stem cell treatment center would probably recommend against receiving stem cell treatment if you struggle with any of the following issues.
- You have an active infection.
- You are struggling with a condition that affects your blood.
- You have a certain type of cancer.
- You’re taking blood-thinning medication.
- You are hoping to treat a condition that has completely restricted your range of motion.
Stem Cell FAQ
Here are a few questions that are often asked regarding the use of stem cells.
What Are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are a basic form of cell that are used to create new cells or repair damaged tissues and organs.
Where Do Stem Cells Come From?
Stem cells can be harvested from different sources.
- Embryonic stem cells can be taken from a blastocyst, a fertilized egg that has divided into a ball of around 150 cells.
- Stem cells can be taken from various tissues, often from the patient’s own body. These include:
- The brain.
- Bone marrow.
- The blood.
- Skeletal muscles.
- Fat tissue.
Why Is Stem Cell Therapy Becoming So Popular?
Stem cell therapy shows a lot of promise for treating a wide variety of different diseases, conditions, and illnesses. Stem cell therapy can provide an alternative to other, more invasive treatments. Stem cells are also readily available and plentiful.
Stem cell therapy is promising, but it’s not for everyone. If you’re interested in receiving treatment at a Chicago stem cell treatment center, then you should first make sure that you’re a good candidate.